Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sushi Zanmai

I visited their brand new outlet in One-U and got shocked when I saw the long queue of customers waiting to get their seats. Last week we gave up to join the long queue and had our dinner at Dragon-i. This week we decided to give it a try since the queue was that long again. Furthermore I wasn't that hungry yet, still afford to wait. I have no patience in waiting especially when I'm hungry, and I'll get mad/frustrated..hehhe I know it's bad!



We waited for around 15 minutes. I didnt wanna sit at the conveyor belt's seating. I'd prefer the side tables, and we were lucky we got the place. Happy enough. LOL. Before I ordered, I already standby my IXUS. I knew the food was good since I walked into the outlet. I peep what others were having and their rolls caught my attention. Almost every table ordered rolls. I know I must order the rolls, otherwise it doesnt mean anything dining at Sushi Zanmai.

I cant remember whats the name of this roll. But I can tell you their salmon is so damn fresh and the texture is so damn different!



As usual, I never missed my Chawanmushi at every Japanese food restaurant I go. And so far, this is also the best! Both of us love Kappa Maki a lot, so this is also a must item..and the boyfriend's fav inari sushi.




His
teriyaki donburi



My Grilled Beef Donburi



Now I grade Sushi King and Sakae Sushi as inferior goods. Sushi Zanmai has fresh salmons and every item in their menu has better grade than SK and SS. Even better, the price are cheaper! But this time we ordered too many items of rice, cant really finish everything. Next time I'm gonna try their udon and other rolls.







I miss the food so much. Sakae Sushi is out of my list now, worst still for Sushi King. Now I have Sushi Zanmai, Kampachi and Rakuzen in my mind. Any other recommendations? Actually I had made reservation for tonight's dinner at Sushi Zanmai. Dinner with Robert and Delia as well. But there's family gathering dinner tonight, so I canceled our reservation. Perhaps next week. If you guys wanna dine there, I suggest that it's best to make reservations one day earlier. They dont allow reservations within 24 hours.

Sticky Honey Stick

Anyone of you remember this?



I think the last time I had this honey stick when I was in primary school. Yesterday when we had dinner with Weijen and Alex at Cheras, there's this lady who came to our table selling the sticky honey stick. I was amazed to see this stick is still available. I bought one for RM2.

It was wrapped in a small plastic wrapper and kinda difficult to remove the plastic from the honey. Then the boyfriend has his first bite and unfortunately the honey sticked on his teeth! Hahha it was so sticky! I dare not bite just in case it sticks on my teeth also.



That's all for now. Sorry I was busy for the whole week and havent got the time to blog. Next entry will be my visit to the Reptiles Show at OU!

P/S: I've enabled friends lock recently due to the numerous unknown readers tracking my blog. For now I'll allow access to everyone, and it is very much appreciated if you can inform me who you are. Thankz! ;)



No comments: