Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Latest Obsession

A new laptop. I want a new laptop. I need a laptop actually. So far I've been using the boyfriend's laptop or my house desktop pc. I have too many stuffs like pictures, songs, powerpoint slides and etc. That's the reason for me to get a new laptop..hehhe! I'm considering either Dell, Sony Vaio or Macbook. So far, I think Macbook is in my mind. I need to find out more on its applications and to test out the dual mode of Mac and Microsoft.

I asked my cousin to show me the dual mode used in her Macbook. I wanna test out the speed and other applications. Perhaps this weekends I'll go to her place to try her Macbook. I heard from Eugene that Mac wont get crash or infected by virus. That's one good point. But I'm afraid I'm not used to Mac's applications. And I'm worry for the Microsoft Office applications. I need to use that frequently.


Switch Performance. Microsoft on Mac. Hahha and Eugene said it is so potong steam when you have Mac but with Microsoft applications. If I get Mac, I'll still install Microsoft just in case I need to use any of Microsoft's programs.

But I just love Macbook's design. It is so cool! Especially the pretty white surface. Here's the two choice I'm choosing..

MacBook

All new 13-inch models featuring:

Intel Core 2 Duo processor
Glossy widescreen display
Built-in iSight camera
Front Row
MagSafe Power Adapter
Mac OS X Leopard and iLife '08



Choice A - RM 3,899

MB402ZP/A
13.3-inch widescreen display
1280 x 800 resolution
2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB memory (2x512MB)
120GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
Combo drive (DVD-ROM, CD-RW)

PLUS

RM899 Apple Care Protection
(with free upgrade to 4GB memory)

RM4798

Choice B - RM 4,599

MB403ZP/A
13.3-inch widescreen display
1280 x 800 resolution
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory (2x1GB)
160GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
Double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±RW, CD-RW)




RM4599

So it's either one. Either I get more memory and extended warranty OR more hard disk but only 1 year warranty. Any suggestions?



I'm so into Macbook now. Previously I was considering to get Sony Vaio, but for that budget, I think Macbook would be a better choice. I came across Apple's website, and they're giving away free Ipod Touch to U.S students who purchase Macbook via online. I want the free Ipod Touch too!

And have you guys seen Macbook Air? If you havent, get into any Apple outlet and feel the slimness of Macbook Air! I love but it's out of my budget. RM6299, without the Superdrive..so it'll costs around RM6700. Too expensive!





Alright I gtg now. Please share with me if you know anything bout Mac k! Thankz ;)

No comments: