Friday, May 24, 2013

Bangkok Day 1

Im so excited to blog about my Bangkok trip, it's all about food!

I know many people will go Bangkok for shopping and I actually expect myself to buy lots and lots of clothes there. But to my surprise it'll all food and no shopping. Reason? I just came back from Guangzhou and the clothes are basically the same I guess. 

I went to bangkok for work actually. But it's only one day work but we extended our trip since we were there already. 

We arrived bangkok around 2pm and the company driver picked us from the Don Mueng airport. 




We stayed at Bangkok Palace Hotel for the first two nights before transferring to another hotel which is nearer to our HQ.

Once we checked in, we started hunting for food in Platinum Mall. Our hotel is just 10mins away from Platinum Mall but we decided to take tuk tuk instead of walking. The weather was super hot, i think close to 39degrees!

We had our food in Platinum food court. We walked around in Platinum Mall and also to Central Mall. Had one hour of body massage coz we didnt know where to go before it's time for dinner.

After massage, we walked to the F&B area just saja lah.

Saw a shop selling fried chicken and the queue was super long! We were so curious about the fried chicken, so we decided to join the queue..hahah! It's called Bonchon Chicken, available in many countries like Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and etc but not in Malaysia! Weird! Many franchise business doesnt wanna go into Malaysia maybe due to the low population I guess.



Yes the fried chicken is nice especially the skin! They marinated the chicken with some spicy spices which taste sweet and spicy. The kimchi soup is tempting too! But I didnt order coz I need to save some spaces for my "real dinner"

Next, we took cab to Chinatown. That's where I leave my stomach empty for.

No! Not for durians!




But for T&K seafood! I found this place from the internet reviews and also friends' recommendations. Basically everyone talks and knows about this place!

 


Look at the crowd! I can say their customers are all Malaysians, Singaporeans, Hongkies and Chinas. It is so tourist-y that even the waiter and waitress could speak fluent Mandarin and Cantonese!






Our satisfied face after dinner. The food is really good and super cheap. For the dishes above, only RM75! You can never find it in Malaysia..hahaha. 


No comments: