Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Medan

Finally I'm free to blog on my Indonesia trip, but I dont think so I can finish blogging on the 6 days trip. I'll just blog part by part. It's almost a month since I'm back from Indonesia..and it's the most outdated post I've ever had. Usually I'm really excited to blog on my holidays right after I'm back. It's different this time..there's too many things to do and I'm really busy. I just came back from The Curve and yam cha session at Old Town,Kota Damansara. Since it's still early, I'm gonna post in an entry now..

6th December 2007

DSC02745
DSC02749

Arrived at Medan airport around 4pm (if i'm not mistaken..LOL). Dad's friend sent his driver to pick us up from the airport and headed to his office. Lepak a while there and went to the newly build 5-stars hotel, The Aryaduta Hotel. I miss that hotel especially the beautiful view from our room. The swimming pool was so tempting but I couldnt jump in..*women's best friend*

At night, we met up with Julie and Jelita at the Merdeka Walk nearby our hotel. We had dinner at the Nelayan Restaurant. There's an event for the Christians at Merdeka Walk. It is something like our St Anne's in Bukit Mertajam, Penang. Many people gathered in the spacious field for prayers and songs. Oh..in Medan the language mostly spoken by the Chinese is Hokkien. Thus I can still survive there..hahha!

DSC02757
DSC02753

Merdeka Walk is only 5 minutes walk from The Aryaduta Hotel. I find it something like our Bukit Bintang Street. The funny thing is..before we came out from the hotel, I asked the security guard of Aryaduta Hotel..

"May I know where's the Bintang Walk? Is it far from the hotel?"

He looked at me weirdly and he's kinda confused. Then I realised that I'm supposed to ask him where's Merdeka Walk instead of Bintang Walk!! LOL..I'm so used to our Bintang Walk. No wonder the guard is blur. If he knows where's Bintang Walk, then I think he'll reply me "It's very far from Medan!" Hahhah..

7th December 2007

Had breakfast in hotel and started our journey exploring the Medan city. We took the cab to my dad's friend office and walked from streets to streets, exploring the things they sell and etc. It was a hot day. After almost 3 hours of exploring, I finally surrendered. So Dad suggested that we go to the Sun Plaza, which is one of the biggest shopping mall in Medan.

DSC02769
DSC02770

And how can you say I'm not a fan of Dome? I can even choose Dome although I'm in Medan..hahha! The Dome in Medan is much cheaper than in Malaysia. The caesar salad there is only about RM11 and it's RM17 in Malaysia. Perhaps I should try the Domes in every country I visit..hehhe! Too bad they dont offer any discounts no matter how often you go there, unlike Coffee Bean.

DSC02778 DSC02779 DSC02777 DSC02779
DSC02780

I did not buy anything from Sun Plaza coz I find those things are common and we have it in Msia as well. After Dome, we took cab back to our hotel to take a rest. Gonna meet up with Julie and Jelita for dinner. Once we reached the hotel, the boyfriend said he wants to dip into the pool..wth! How can he tempt me..and he even asked me to take his photo when he's down there..isk! I really thought of inserting the tampon and jump into the pool, but I'm lazy..hahha!

DSC02785

Syiok betul..ish! At night Julie and Jelita came to our hotel and picked us for dinner. We had dinner at Lembur Kuring Restaurant. Quite a distance from our hotel..no way we can walk there. We had Indonesian food for dinner. Ordered ikan gurame, gado-gado, sambal kangkung, satay kacang, sup asam. Ikan gurame is famous in Indonesia. They fried the fish in a way that it stands up when it is served. Quite special..

DSC02788
DSC02789
DSC02790
DSC02794
Illustration from the menu

Here's what we had for dinner

DSC02795 DSC02796 DSC02797
DSC02798 DSC02799 DSC02800

8th December 2007

Free and easy day again. No idea where to go. After dad meet up with his friends, we went to Medan Mall. It is also another big complex in Medan with lots of shops selling handphones! It is even more than the handphones stalls we have in Sungai Wang. On that day, there's an event held at Medan Mall. It's the motor show, where those bikes are already being modified.

DSC02803
DSC02804
DSC02811

I love this pink bike. Too bad I dont have motor license..hehhe! There are other bikes which are beautifully modified but I did not take any photos of it. Not interested in bikes unlike dad. I couldnt recall what we did in Medan Mall but I remembered I bought a pair of sandals coz my sandal spoilt halfway during shopping. I guess you can imagine how much I've walked in Medan til my sandals would wanna say goodbye to me.

Dinner time. Had our goodbye dinner with Julie and Jelita. We went for steamboat coz I suggested that I'd like to try the steamboat in Medan. I'm a fan of steamboat in KL..hehhe! There's once where I got addicted to steamboat. I can have steamboat for like 4 times a week! Crazy!

DSC02818
DSC02817
DSC02816
DSC02820
DSC02822 DSC02816

I miss the kuey teow bolos very much. It is so delicious although it looks plain. And we ate the special fried chicken. Look at the fillings in the fried chicken. It is filled with duck egg's yolks and the taste is really best! The steamboat is similar to ours..not much difference. That was our goodbye dinner in Medan. Julie brought his lil bro along. And Julie bought us the famous kuih bolu made in Medan.

DSC02911
DSC02913

Look at the thick layer of cheese in it. Tempting?? Hmm you can only get it in Medan. Thanks Julie!

9th December 2007

Time to leave Medan. Our flight to Jakarta was around 1pm. I had a big surprise when arrived at Medan domestic airport! When we reached, I couldnt see the airport at all..and the next thing I saw was this..

DSC02836

That was the check in place!! I was so shocked to see that..LOL! And I sms-ed Julie immediately asking her what has happened to their domestic airport. I thought it was like that. And she said that their domestic airport was caught in fire few weeks ago and it is still under renovation. So this is their temporary airport..hehhe!

DSC02839
DSC02840
DSC02841

This is the waiting hall..hehhe! Everyone waited in the temporary waiting hall without air-cont. Only fans. And the authorities provide free mineral water to the passengers. Luckily our flight was not delayed. If not I'll suffer from the heat and hunger. However I did not grumble much coz I did have a pleasant stay in Medan. Thanks a lot Julie and Jelita!!

That's all for now..wait for the next post on Jakarta k! *wink*

No comments: