Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Jakarta


9th December 2007

Took AirAsia from Medan to Jakarta. Since the Medan domestic airport was under renovation, we did not have any meals before boarding. I was super hungry while waiting and once we were on board, I couldnt wait to order the meals. The bf even told the stewardess that his gf is having gastric and need to get food asap..hahha! We ordered sandwich, maggi mee, potato chips and coke. Hmm I waited for the nasi kunyit but it was out of stock when the tray reached our seats.

DSC02858
DSC02862 DSC02860
DSC02861 DSC02865

Look what I did to him when he's trying to sleep..LOL!

DSC02845
DSC02848
DSC02866
DSC02867

The domestic airport in Jakarta is so simple. You dont have to allow anyone to check on your luggage at all. Hmm I wonder if those drug addicts can pass through easily..unlike in Msia the security is so strict that the officer will wanna check on what you have.

Next we checked in the Ciputra hotel and walked to the mall beside for dinner. Ta Wan. That's the place we had our lunch and dinner for almost 3 days. It's a Chinese restaurant serving typical Chinese dishes. The food is really nice and cheap. We're there everyday and the waitress recognised us and the table we usually sit on..haha!

DSC02873
DSC02874
DSC02875

DSC02881
DSC02883 DSC02887
DSC02936
DSC02937

And see what the miserable me doing in the mens' department.Dad was looking for shoes and the bf was playing a fool on me. Really memalukan. The salesperson keep staring at both of us. They must be wondering why this 2 adults are acting like 5-year-old kids.

DSC02889 DSC02890

I admire the weddings in Indonesia especially the big board of notification on the newly wed couple. Everywhere you can see the beautiful wedding board especially outside the restaurants or hotels. At first I didnt know what is the purpose of the board. I thought it was supposed to inform the public that the couple are married and no one can flirt with them anymore..hahha!

DSC02893
DSC02896
DSC02898
DSC02900

10th December 2007

Another shopping day at Mangga Dua Mall. The mall is so huge that you can even get lost. At first we were on the other side and have no idea how to link over to another side of the building. We couldnt find the entrance that we came from. Luckily dad still recognize some of the places around there and he brought us to the China Town. There are many stalls at the China Town and mind you..they dont only have one China Town ok but many! I mean the China Town is in the same place but it is separated.

DSC02923
DSC02920
DSC02926
DSC02928

They even have karaoke session opened to the public. I saw a lady wearing sexily singing at the China Town. No idea she was the invited singer or just the customers eating in China Town. Their China Town is more to the food sections instead of selling things.

Another thing that I admire is..PIZZA HUT! I couldnt believe that they have so much of variety compared to ours! We have not much choice in our Pizza Hut, but in Indonesia you can choose so many variety such as western food, pizzas, rice, noodles and etc! Have a look at the menu and you'll know what is called variety!

DSC02939
DSC02943
DSC02944
DSC02941
DSC02940
DSC02948

Which PIZZA HUT do you prefer now? ;)

11th December 2007

Senayan Plaza. Meet up with Felita. My ex-collegemate in Taylors Business School. We had lunch in one of the Japanese Restaurant in Senayan Plaza. I miss the Japanese food so much..it's really delicious! I guess I'm gonna contact Felita to go for the Japanese food again..hahha! Here's some of the best dishes I love..

DSC02958
DSC02959
DSC02961
DSC02960
DSC02963

And they have the biggest LEGO exhibition in Asia which is displayed in the ground concourse of Senayan Plaza.

DSC02956
DSC02955

DSC02966

Oh..taking the photo above is difficult. We gotta take the photo immediately before the security guard saw us. According to Felita, it is prohibited to take photos in the shopping mall. Hmm..this is another different tradition from Msia. In Msia, we get to take photos anywhere we want right? But it's different in Indonesia. However we still managed to take some beautiful photos..

DSC02967
DSC02975
DSC02978

I regret that we leave on the 12th Dec coz there's GUCCI sales going on the 14th!! Arrghh! The sales is from 20-50% and that is a lot! We seldom has that much of discounts in Msia. I should have stay longer there so that I can join in for the sales!! Felita knows how sad I am..hehhe!

12th December 2007

Time to go home. In the morning we hang out again in Ciputra Hotel with dad's friends. Then we had our last meal in Ta Wan before heading to the airport. We reached the airport early coz dad said the traffic jam in Indonesia is unpredictable..hahha! But it's true..we cant predict the traffic jam at all. No idea how long we can reach the destination when there's jam. And lastly, here's some photos taken in the Jakarta airport before we fly back to Kuala Lumpur ;)

DSC02983
DSC02984

And now AirAsia have 1901 hotdog burgers..I realised that I never miss to order the food on board..LOL!

DSC02985
DSC02990

GOODBYE INDONESIA! But no worries..I'll be going Jakarta and Medan again on Feb and March. And I guess starting from April, I'll be staying there for a longer period to focus on my work. I hope my team would join me along and let's work hard now!

Hmm I think this is a long post right? I dont owe any of you on Indonesia photos and in the next entry, I'm gonna post up pics on Janice's wedding which I attended last week ;)

Take care!

No comments: