Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Langkawi

Tempat bersejarah. One of the historical place in Malaysia. Langkawi is also one of the duty free island in Malaysia. You can find really cheap liquor there. Not so sure bout cigarettes and perfumes. Oh chocolates are cheap as well!

The boyfriend and I was deciding whether to go Singapore or Langkawi. After considering of our budget for this month, we decided to go Langkawi coz it's much cheaper since my dad has the Berjaya Vacation Club member. We get to stay for free in any Berjaya resorts in Malaysia.

Day 1

We drove from home to Kuala Kedah jetty and parked our car at the carpark. The parking fee is only RM30 for 3 days 2 nights. Then we took ferry to Langkawi. Each person RM23 only. The journey takes about 2 hours, if I'm not mistaken, coz I was sleeping like a pig! Too tired. The ferry was not fully occupied so I get to take the entire row of seats to sleep.


My damn semangat face to go for holidays.

Oh how do I look with my cartoon-look-a-like sunnies? I broke my MNG sunglasses and this is the only sunnies I can find in my car. Simply grab and wear it to Langkawi. I need to get a new sunglasses. Aiming for Gucci but I need to save up more first!

Okay. Reached Langkawi around 2pm and we rent a car. Toyota Vios - RM100 for 3 days 2 nights. Yes I know it is super duper cheap. You know why? I use my very own tactic to bargain in order to get this special rate every time I go Langkawi. LOL. The last time I only pay RM90 for Nissan Sentra, 3 days 2 nights as well. Their usual rate is about RM150-RM180.

Next we opened up Langkawi map and start exploring. The place that I remembered most is Wan Thai Restaurant. I love their Thai food. That's the best Thai food you can find in Langkawi. And the price is reasonable and I consider that cheap. We ordered 3 dishes and it costs not more than RM35!














Tempting? I couldnt order more coz it's only me and the boyfriend. I'll definitely order a lot of varieties if there's more people. I love to order a wide variety of dishes but sometimes we cant coz we cant finish everything. Furthermore I only eat bits of each dish..hehe!

Next we drove to Berjaya Resort. We took almost 2 hours to reach there coz we got lost! The bf drove till another side of the island and we had to make a big round back to our hotel. Hahha he said we almost finish exploring the entire island when we got lost. Luckily some friendly locals guide us the way. We checked in around 5pm.

Again I slept. The bf disturbed me from sleeping. He wants to go Underwater World. But I'm too tired, I ignored him..hahha! Then I gave him a good reason not to go. I asked him to call the reception to ask what time the Underwater World close and the receptionist told him 6pm. LOL that time was already almost 7pm. Finally he has to give up.

Still he wants me to get up from bed. He dragged me up and I have no choice but to follow him to the beach. Sigh!








That is the floating bridge that Berjaya has. I think they have it in Redang as well. It is more fun to play on it when the tides are high!

At night we drove back to Kuah town for dinner. It is quite a distance from the hotel to town, approx. 40km.

Day 2

Snorkeling! We took the buffet lunch package to Pulau Payar, one of the beautiful islands nearby Langkawi. We paid RM190 per pax inclusive of buffet lunch and everything. Must-go place! You will know why I say so when you read on.



The captain giving instructions to everyone and also the schedules for our snorkeling activities.

We gathered at the big tank which can occupy around 200 pax. Below the tank they have this mini underwater world as well. You get to see the fishes that swim around the tank. It is not like fishes that they rear on the aquarium.









Fish feeding time. I was really amazed with the fishes available in Langkawi. I did not expect Langkawi to have such beautiful fishes and corals. Too bad I dont have waterproof camera case, but I'll get one soon. And the fishes are really hungry at all time! I feed them with bread and the whole group came. When the bread finished, they even bite on my hands!







So many aunties were sitting beside the tank to feed those fishes. There one old lady around the age of 70, wears the life jacket and wanted to go snorkeling! Hahha..aunties nowadays are cute.

Lunch time. The buffet lunch starts around 12.30pm and everyone rushed to the canteen when they hear the whistle. I'm one of them who rushed to the canteen too coz I was really hungry after snorkeling. I'd wish I could cut queue..LOL!





After our lunch, we took the small boat to the Pulau Payar marine park to see the shark feeding. The last time I went Pulau Payar, we went snorkeling with those baby sharks but now they dont allow anymore. Perhaps the baby sharks had turned into adults, so we cant go snorkeling anymore.













Oh let me introduce my new friends. The couple that sat on the same table as us for lunch. They're Sky and Corina. Sky, a Singaporean, and his Taiwanese gf, Corina, fly from Singapore to Langkawi for their 4 days 3 nights. So coincident they stay at Berjaya as well! We chit chat and invited them to join us for the dinner at night. They did not rent car because they cant speak Malay and afraid if they get lost. So we offered them to join us.





I dont have Sky's photo at the beach. Dont worry you can see more of his photos later. Both of them are really cute and they looked really young compared to their age. Sky is 25 and Corina is 28, but both their behaviour is like age 20/21.

We stayed for around half an hour at the marine park and we went back to the tank. There's another activity which is the glass boat ride. The boat took us to the nearby area from the tank and we get to see the corals and fishes through the transparent glass on the bottom of the boat.





This is how I apply my sunblock..LOL!





We leave the place around 3.30pm. I forgot to bring my clothes to change and I didnt know they have toilet to change. Usually when I go snorkeling, I'll just leave it till we reach the hotel. But this time, we have to take the air-conditioned ferry back to Langkawi and I was freezing in the ferry coz I was really wet!

Although I was cold, but I still manage to sleep in the ferry again! How lazy am I rite?

We fetched Sky and Corina back to the hotel as well instead of following the bus provided. They're really nice and funny couple. Reached the hotel around 5.30pm and we agreed to meet up at the lobby around 7.30pm for dinner at town.

And this is what happened to my sunnies..




I accidentally broke the lens of my sunnies. I forgot that I leave it in my bag and I think I leave my legs on my bag, forgetting bout my things in the bag. I wore it to show the bf and both of us were laughing crazily on my silly look. And I make him wear my pirate sunnies as well..





I bought this chocolate at the duty free shop after dinner. It's yummy and I dont look red after eating the liquor chocolate! Amazing! My face usually turned very very red after a sip of liquor. I cant drink! Really lousy in drinking..hahha! Anyway it's good rite? LOL wtf!

Okay I need to stop here. To be continued tomoro. My boyfriend is waiting for my call. And I need to go Alor Star tomoro to meet my customer. It's almost 2pm now!! Nitez..!


No comments: