Monday, April 6, 2009

R.I.P

The boyfriend's 88-year-old maternal grandpa passed away last Tues evening, when we were back to my hometown for "QingMing Festival". He received a phone call from his mum that his grandpa has passed away around 5 something pm. The boyfriend quickly arranged for the next morning's bus back to KL. We couldnt rush back that night coz so coincident that we didnt drove back. The early bus to KL was 7am the next morning, so I asked my bro to book additional 2 tickets for us. Reached KL around 12pm.

We didnt went straight to the funeral as the boyfriend has to complete his tasks for the next few days, especially the arrangement for coaching and someone to look after the shop. The funeral was held in his uncle's house, the place where his grandpa used to stay in. We arrived there at night and everyone was busy with the funeral service. This was my second attend to funeral. The first one was my beloved mum, who passed away in 2005.

I was quite scared actually. Especially looking at his grandpa in the casket. I admit I do have lousy braveness especially when I see any accidents or someone is dead. My heart tends to pump extremely fast and my feet and hands tend to be cold immediately. The boyfriend said I'm so timid and the only time I have tiger's attitude is when I nagged him or I throw tantrums on him..hahha! I hardly yell at someone and it's difficult for me to reply a 'no' to others. I dont know why..

The entire funeral service last for 5 days, and this afternoon everyone paid their last respect to his grandpa. The bands were there playing emo songs, before the casket was closed down. Then we walked a short journey following the casket in Mercedes Benz. His grandpa was buried in Nirvana Memorial Park, Kajang. I was surprised when we reached the memorial park. In fact everyone do. The memorial park was so beautifully decorated and landscaped. It is also the largest memorial park in the world. In fact, you wont feel afraid like as if entering into old and scary cemetery. The boyfriend's cousin asked as if we were in theme park or one of the tourist attraction spot..hahha!

It was raining non-stop when we arrived at the memorial park. They said grandpa is not willing to leave them, therefore it rained.



May his grandpa rest in peace..

No comments: