Monday, September 1, 2008

Merdeka Eve '08

Happy Independence Day! Join the crowd at The Curve last night. It was like a family day for the boyfriend. He brought his whole family to TGI Friday's for dinner and waited for the countdown. The crowd weren't as much as previous years, and in fact the fireworks last for less than 5 minutes. I remembered the previous years the fireworks last for around 10-15 mins. Hmm maybe it's due to the economic downturn.

Dinner at Fridays was great! Hahha just because we got the special 20% discount and 2 choice of free desserts. You know why? Just because my Jack Daniels Chicken and Shrimp was partially cooked! So I asked for an exchange. While waiting, the kitchen manager offered me free soup. Waited for almost half an hour but my main course was not served yet, and the kitchen manager came out again. He apologized and asked if we wanna take away the main course. The boyfriend asked for cancellation since we're all full! The kitchen manager offered us 20% discount on the total bill and we have free desserts! Hahha! But I could say his service is perfect! Thumbs up!




I went to Bianco for hair wash and blow, using my signed-up package. Anthony and another guy did curls for me and it was horrible! I couldnt take it mann,hahha! I was laughing and they were too! I knew I'm not gonna walk out of the saloon with that auntish hair. Then I asked them to blow straight again. Looks better than curls. Now I know my short hair doesnt goes with curls!




Do we look alike? This is the boyfriend's mum and sis. Many people thought I'm his mum's daughter! LOL!


His parents


Oh let me introduce this fountain. Take a look at the water than drop down. It was like droplets of crystal and it's dripping out like small round transparent marbles! I dont know how it works, but I'm sure it has got to do with the pressure or pipes.






Everyone is amazed with the fountain. I bet everyone touched the water to feel it! LOL

And next we're at the main road for countdown. Those people were playing with the snow spray, which I couldnt stand with the chemical smell. My nose is so sensitive to the bottled spray. Negaraku anthem were played and some other lagu-lagu kebangsaan.



People recording the fireworks scene..






Everyone's so happy celebrating the eve. But what will happen on the 16th September?

No one knows.


No comments: