Monday, February 10, 2014

Chinese New Year 2014


On the CNY eve, we had dinner at Overseas Restaurant with hubby's families. 

Husband and wife. 


Delia & Munyi


This year not much of celebration on hubby's side as his maternal grandmum and paternal grandfather passed away last year. Therefore no celebration allowed. 

CNY DAY 1

We went back to Penang after brunch with his family. Usually the traffic is quite smooth but not this year. Maybe it's due to long holiday which is why everyone is heading to the north for holidays. 

Gathering with my loved ones at dad's antique museum. 


The siblings


Siblings and the other halves 



Family photo. Gong xi fa cai from Yong's family!

 

CNY DAY 2

I'm ready to go for visiting in my glittery bling cheongsam like dress. 



Gong xi fa cai Popo! 

Too bad no angpow for me as I'm already married. 


Then we went over to maternal side to bai nian. This is my ah ma, missing out ah kong who's chatting at the dining room with uncles and aunts. 


Then back to popo's place for gambling. Basically that's what most Chinese do during CNY. 
Huat ahhh!


CNY DAY 3

Family karaoke time

Bro being forced to sing, otherwise he gotta fork the bill >.<


Posers 


My family 



CNY DAY 5

Maggie's wedding in Taiping

The hot sisters *winks*


Our hero


The Tungs


CNY DAY 6

Charity day with cousins.

We went to the handicapped children's home to pay a visit and to give angpows. 






 CNY DAY 8

Pai tian kong. 



Me being red and sexy in my jaspal suit. 


Pretending to help my aunt serving the loh mee to neighbours and friends. 


Uncle chopping the roasted pig into siew yuk. 


Every year I didn't miss out the fun playing with the pig's head..lol!

With the lil bro and cousin





That's it! CNY is all about gathering and spending time with families and doing something meaningful that would bring joy and happiness to others.


No comments: