Thursday, March 6, 2008

Penang Is Always The Best

Of course lah I gotta tee up my own hometown..LOL! No regrets I'm a Penangite and I'm really proud to be Penangite. Really happy if friends are planning for holidays to Penang. I get to be the tour guide, go back home and enjoy the good food. The good food is the best part. That's why I always put on weight when I'm back to hometown. Oh another good thing is you can buy super cheap pirated DVDs at only RM4 per disc!

Before we went back to Penang, we stopped at Ipoh to pick GeeChang and SiewAnn. And one thing not to miss out in Ipoh is their famous 'Nga Choi Kai' (bean sprouts and steamed chicken). I'm not a big fan of it but the boyfriend yes. He will never miss that when he enters into Ipoh.







Tempting? To me, the photos are much more tempting than real. LOL!

The next day we went to Penang Island. Luckily we managed to book a room at Holiday Inn Resort. Most of the hotels are fully booked. If we cant get a room, then both GeeChang and SiewAnn gonna be disappointed coz GeeChang keep asking the boyfriend to book hotel by the beach. Furthermore the rate of the room is okay..around RM270. Not that expensive tho.

In the afternoon, we went to the Sleeping Buddha Temple and had some tempting hawker stalls food. It was my second time to the Sleeping Buddha Temple. Luckily I still remember the way there. It was damn hot. The sun did burnt my skin! Not much tourists..the only group of tourists was Japanese. About 30 of them.











So many accessories are sold outside the temple. I bought one necklace for RM10 only. I'm good in bargaining. I bargained from RM18 to RM10! Only if I can communicate well with the seller. If language problem, then my bargaining power is 0.

And we came across this fortune telling machine in the temple. Only 50 cents. So each of us tried once. Believe it or not?






My number was 26. So I gotta pick the note from shelf 26 and read out my fortune.It was not accurate at all. Not gonna share my fortune with u guys. The note has 3 languages which are chinese, english and malay. And to my surprise, the meaning of the 3 languages are so different. The chinese version explains one fortune, the english explains another different fortune and so do the malay version.

How la I'm gonna know which is my fortune? I told the boyfriend maybe those Malays have different fortune, Chinese another different fortune and those who reads only English another fortune. Hahha! My 50 cents was cheated..nvm I'll treat it as charity..hahha!

Tea time extravaganza! I brought them to my favourite hawker stall place. I dont know what's that place called. But I know the way there..hehhe! We ordered a lot of Penang's signature dishes and left the place with I-cant-breathe-anymore-stomach! Cool.
.


Assam Laksa


Char Kueh Teow


Popiah


Fried Tauhu


Fried Omelette Oysters


Tomyam Fried Meehoon


Penang's Yong Tau Foo

After the I-cant-breathe-stomach, we drove all the way to Batu Feringghi to check in and took a nap. By the time we woke up, it was already almost 7pm. We quickly changed and went to the beach. We were lucky to see the sunset view. Me and SiewAnn were busy taking photos of the beautiful view. This is my best shooting so far..hehhe





I know it's not that pro. But for my level, I'm satisfied aredi lar..LOL! And this is one of the best photo too..best timing of the horse.




Got what I mean by the best timing?I was wondering how can the male horse erect when he's with this 2 guys? Could it be GAY HORSE?! LOL!

We had dinner at The Ship Restaurant, which is right beside Holiday Inn. I miss the steak. The Best Steak In Town. That's their trademark.


Escargots


Tomyam soup


Mine


The boyfriend's




GeeChang's


SiewAnn's






After dinner we went to Gurney Drive to lepak. And we stopped by to see this Semarak Api guy performing his skills with fire. Can be considered as a stunt but not those keng stunts..He's trying to make some money by performing his skills. Many people gathered around to watch him. The boyfriend paid him RM1 for his talent..hahha! When the boyfriend walked near to put the RM1 note into the milo can, he was afraid that the performer's stunts will accidentally failed and the boyfriend might caught in fire..haha now I know he takut mati..keke!







That's the familiar hawker stalls place at Gurney Drive. For your information, the food there is not the best. Last time it used to have the best food in Penang but now no more. Coz that's the tourist spot and many hawkers tend to sell there. They named their stalls having best bla bla bla but actually it is only to attract the tourists. Penangites dont go to that hawker place. In fact, to me thats the lousiest hawker stalls.

The next day we had Thai food at Khuntai Restaurant. Hmmp it's a damn long post. So many photos especially on food. I'm sure u guys are really tempted to go Penang rite? hehhe..



Sambal Petai


Seafood Tomyam


Lala


Thai Salad Glass Noodles


Fried Kangkung


Spicy and Sour Steamed Fish


Claypot Crabs with Glass Noodles





The more photos I'm posting, the more hungry I am..I cant wait to go back hometown again.

So am I qualified as a good tour guide for food? ;)

And lastly another item that you should not miss when you're in Bukit Mertajam. The Best Kueh Teow Basah!



Okay I think this is the most tempting post so far. Need to get ready for dinner. TTYL! ;)


No comments: