Saturday, March 21, 2009

Blue House

Blue House

I should consider this as Day2 of our trip because our flight to Korea was 10.50pm on the 5th March. So we reached Korea around 6 something in the morning if I'm not mistaken. Sorry I was so sleepy and I didnt notice the time past. I cant take long hours flight. Cant really sleep and freaking bored. Once we touched down Incheon Airport, we got into the bus and started the tour. I cant blog exactly on the time but I'll blog on the places we've been k.

The first place we went was the Blue House. In America, they called it the White House. In Korea, it's called the Blue House. Frankly speaking, I didnt know where is the Blue House. Maybe I didnt pay attention to what the tour guide mentioned. Oh I forgot to mention that the entire tour has around 280 pax and we were divided into 8 buses according to the regions. I was in E bus with the northern region distributors.



Central Region


Northern Region





The weather was cold. Around 5-9 degrees but we still manage to cope with the weather. We didnt get to check in the hotel yet, there's no chance for us to change. I quickly got my jacket out of the luggage and boots to put them on.

Cultural Museum

The next destination. When I heard the tour guide mentioning bout museum, I got bored. I know there's nothing fun for this destination. Sometimes it's really bored being tourist. The tour guides will usually bring you to those places where it's boring and you find it nothing attractive right?! That's the reason why I love free and easy package, where I can travel on my own and choose my own tourist spots in my travel itinerary. As long as I can communicate with the locals, then I'll travel on my own. Except for places like Korea, Japan, France and etc.



Bus "E" people



Dad & Him









This is the assistant tour guide, Jack, also the photographer for Bus E. He gave us excellent service and everyone in the bus likes him so much. Too bad he cant communicate with us because he can only speak his language and a lil of English.

We didnt follow our tour guide, so dont ask me on whats the history and etc..hahha! We simply tour the museum by ourselves and exit after half an hour.

Kyonbok Palace

Here we visited the ancient palace which I think is few hundreds year where the emperor lived in. My history is very bad, so I cant remember the entire story. I remember the tour guide told us that the emperor's parents stay in another building in the palace and they will not come out of the building. Their only hope is that their son (emperor) will visit them once or twice a week. Poor parents! Why cant they stay together in the same place and lived happily ever after as a family huh?! Weird ancient people.




This is where the emperor lived and you can actually enter into the house and feel the environment. I didnt went in because I'm too lazy to take off my boots..lol!


And here is where the emperor will have public functions, where everyone will be invited to join the 'party'.




Michelle, my upline




Teppanyaki! Okay let me tell you more bout Korean culture when it comes to food. They dont really put much attention to food unlike Malaysians. They emphasize more on health benefits, where they consume 70% of vegetables and only 30% of meat. They love to wrap the meat cutlets into the raw vege, and eat it with rice and miso soup. Simple right?!

They are so health-conscious! I am too..for 8 days only! Hahha..

P/S: Can someone please let me know whether the photos above are viewable or not. Or does it take some time to load the photos?

No comments: