Thursday, April 29, 2010

The healthy side of me

Very seldom you could see me posting anything related to sports or health. 
Because I am totally not in that category of woman..LOL!

But currently I am trying my best to change my eating habits and decided to involve in more sports activities to make myself sweat more. Don't ask me why. I've seen too many cases where lives are taken away just like that, and people going in and out of the hospital due to their health problems. One word for me to describe - scary. 

If some of you followed my twitter, then you'll know that I joined Celebrity Fitness but lately I'm so lazy to go there because it's boring. No friends to go together..hehhe

Lately I'm into swimming and playing badminton. Last week I started swimming and felt damn good after 10 laps. The boyf and I decided that we go for swimming at least once a week and same goes to badminton session. 


But no swimming for me this week because I just permed my hair. I hafta for at least a week before I can dip in the chlorine water.

Badminton will be on every Wednesday with colleagues in his badminton court. Today was my first session joining them and I played to the max. I believe I'm gonna wake up with muscles pain tomorrow. Played doubles with the guys and we won. But in singles with a colleague's wife, I LOST. My stamina is so limited sdn bhd, plus my legs are short..hahahah! Nevermind I will train harder! 


Today I woke up at 7am.

Surprise huh? Went to the hospital coz his dad was allowed to be discharged today after staying for 10 days there due to lungs infections. We waited til 2pm before everything was settled including the medical bills. And to my surprise, the medical bills came to a total amount of RM33k! omg this is a huge amount.

I commented, "It is expensive to be sick!"

"I've just paid down payment for my Mercedes Benz. Now I'm going to collect from the lobby," the boyf joked while driving from the carpark to the hospital lobby to pick his dad. Hahaha!

From here, I learnt that health is extremely important to each and everyone. 

It's useless to have a lot of money when your health level deteriorates. I lost my mum, who suffered from lung cancer, 5 years ago. Now his dad got lung infections. And I've seen too many cases where health problems ruined their lives. 

Both of our dads are of the same age and I can see clearly that my dad is so much healthier and stronger than his dad. One of the reason is my dad exercises very often, controls his eating habit well and free from smoking and drinking. A good example for me to follow and who knows I'll also be that healthy when I reach the age of 50..hehehe!

LOL that would be me at the age of 80! 
I hope you'll be the one who joins me sunbathing by the beautiful beaches.. ;)

2 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

living healthy is good =)

elaineyong said...

kenwooi: ya i hope i have strong determination to stay fit! LOL!