Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stand Up For Pink

"Bangsar Village goes pink for the first time in support of the International Breast Cancer Awareness Month of October. Together with the Malaysian Breast Cancer Council, Bangsar Village launched the Pledge Wall for Pink to encourage all to pledge to be breast aware and also help raise funds for the University Malaya Medical Centre Breast Cancer Fund."

I was in Bangsar Village last Sunday for shopping and dinner with the boyf. Parked our car at Bangsar Village and we walked to BV II via the skybridge. And we came across the Pledge Wall For Pink which is part of the Stand Up for Pink campaign where the public are encouraged to donate a token sum to the breast cancer fund and write a message on the pledge wall.

I didnt know what to write on the pledge wall after making the donation, and I thought the pledge wall was meant for us to leave our signature and go! LOL! I regretted only leaving my signature on the wall, instead I think I can write more messages there. Never think of that..

I get the boyfriend to take photographs of me when I'm signing and all the photos turned out to be unacceptable. So I didnt wanna post it in..tak boleh take it! Hahha!

IMG_0363
IMG_0361

Can you see where's my signature? It's on the top most left on the word "STA"..hehhe! After I leave my signature, then I realized we're supposed to sign in the small hearts column..LOL memalukan I leave such a big signature there.

I think all of us really be should be aware of breast health and do examine our own breast from time to time. Here's a website I googled which helps if you dont know how to do the Breast Self Examination. Dont ask me why is the lady's breast so saggy..that's not my point. Most important is the steps on how to examine your breast okay..not focusing on the saggy breast..hahha!

In fact, all the shops in Bangsar Village are supporting this campaign and they have items customised in pink to support this campaign. Thumbs up!

Then we had dinner at Madam Kwan's. I had Nasi Bojari and I still prefer the Nasi Lemak. The boyfriend watched me eat because he was still full.

______________________________________

Grandmama's

My uncle recommended me a new restaurant called Grandmama's at Pavilion, and according to him this outlet is owned by Madam Kwan or her close relatives like daughter or what..I cant remember. It's nearby to TGIF on the 5th floor.

I took out my camera to camwhore because I told the boyf I dont have any photos to live up my blog. Lotsa events but no photos. I never like to blog without photos.
IMG_0432
IMG_0431

Purposely took this photo of him! Before getting down the car to Pavilion, I was drinking from my 2-litres water bottle and I drank a lot. Next I passed the water to him and he tried to imitate me drinking lotsa water. Then I challenged him to finish the whole bottle of water, which is around 1 litre plus before we get down from the car. And he really did that! He finished the whole bottle of water!

Hahha! So when we were in Grandmama's, as usual I ordered cold plain water and a warm one for him. When the waiter served us, he got sick of that plain water! LOL..He said, "I'm gonna vomit if I drink sumore!"..

IMG_0438

Next time when he sees plain water, he'll think of me! ;D

My uncle recommended us to try Sang Har Yee Meen but I heard wrongly. I thought it was Sang Har Hor Fun..hahah! And we ordered Sang Har Hor Fun for tea time. We both love the soup and at first it looks like Kueh Teow Basah to me. But the soup is awesome! You can taste the sweetness of the Sang Har (Fresh Prawns).
IMG_0447
IMG_0449

We should try the Sang Har Yee Meen next time. Perhaps should ask Stephanie along so that we can order more dishes to try. So far the Sang Har Hor Fun is good too! Try it out guys..

Updates about my blackberry Javelin. My boyfriend is nagging everyday because I online for 24/7 and I ignore him terus. He said he's dating a mute girlfriend who doesnt talk to him during meals and in the car. I'm so addicted to my phone and let me tell you what..this is the best phone I've ever had!

Trust me! No regrets for choosing this phone.

I'm addicted to applications like Twitter, Facebook, Blackberry Messenger, Opera Browser, GPS and many many more. That's why my battery doesnt last me more than 6 hours! I have to use the in-car charger to charge my battery everyday. I'm gonna get extra battery soon.

pimp myspace with Gickr

If you're on Blackberry Messenger too, add me!! ;)

1 comment:

Ken Wooi said...

stand up for pink! =D

kenwooi.com